Second time around with IRS

commentary /// Income taxes

 Taxpayers who discover an error after filing may need to amend their tax return.
Taxpayers should file an amended return if there’s a change in filing status, income, deductions or credits.
The IRS may correct mathematical or clerical errors on a return. They also may accept returns without certain required forms or schedules. In these instances, there’s no need to file an amended return.
Taxpayers who need to amend should remember these simple tips:
Use the Interactive Tax Assistant. The ...

Oops! An active online subscription is required to access this content.

Please login below or Subscribe today!