Heavy rains following a long dry spell can trigger fire alarms, cause wires to spark and heaters that have been off to malfunction when they kick on—and that means a visit by firefighters.
The latter was the case Dec. 13 at Willow Elementary School in Agoura Hills.
A heater that had been idle for some time clicked on during heavy rains and gusty winds, triggering a fire alarm and an evacuation.
Reports of a fire at the Laro Drive campus went out just before 9 a.m.
Los Angeles County ...
Oops! An active online subscription is required to access this content.
Please login below or Subscribe today!