SCHOOL’S OUT—Kids stand outside the original Calabasas Schoolhouse at 24454 Calabasas Road, west of Parkway Calabasas. Built in 1890, the school was a one-room Victorian-style building with a bell tower at top, which contained the schoolhouse bell, seen below. File photoCalabasas incorporated as a city in 1991, but the area’s history goes back much further than that.
The city recently installed nine plaques at historically significant sites, including at Old Topanga Canyon Road, the Calabasas Sc...
Oops! An active online subscription is required to access this content.
Please login below or Subscribe today!